Based in San Francisco, Aplat creates products that are simply beautiful, thoughtfully crafted, and sustainably designed.
Aplat exists to deliver a meaningful experience in food, wine and giving that is sustainable from farm to factory to table. Immersed in the spirit of generosity that permeates every stage in the product’s life, Aplat supports community, thoughtful design, and an evolution in industry practices that will have a positive influence world-wide.
Aplat products are sewn by women who care about the quality of each bag.
Farm to factory
- 100% organic cotton canvas produced from environmentally friendly sustainable fibers
- Low impact dyeing methods preserving the Earth's precious resources
- Denim surplus from a local cut factory
- Made in small batches to avoid overextending human resources
- Committed to supporting local resources, labor and manufacturing
Made to last
- Straps are sewn in load bearing areas and reinforced with bartack stitches
- High-quality single needle sewing
- Prewashed, reusable and washable
- Utilitarian, all season styles and color-ways
- Origami design language eliminates need for hardware
- A single cut pattern creates multiple products
- Every cut is accounted for. 100% of the yard fabric is used resulting in zero waste of raw materials
- Product dimensions fold into 8”x 8” squares for efficient shipping along with functional and purposeful features
- Recyclable and compostable packaging and shipping materials
Based in San Francisco, Aplat creates products that are simply beautiful, thoughtfully crafted, and sustainably designed. Founder Shujan Bertrand created the company in homage to her family lifestyle in France, which involves daily rituals of sharing homemade food and wine. Sewn by women in San Francisco, the Aplat collection of washable, reusable culinary totes is manufactured with empathy, applying a zero-waste origami design using 100% organic cotton.
A longtime product and soft-goods designer for brands like Steelcase, Incase, Nike, Samsung and LG Electronics, Shujan’s a-ha moment came while buying flowers for a friend at her neighborhood market. When her luscious bundle was presented to her in a crackling cellophane wrapper, Shujan instinctively envisioned an elegant alternative for gifting and the sac à fleur, Jardin Tote was born.
"Creating something new yet timeless is my purpose. I strive for simple classic square shapes, but apply an origami volume approach to everything Aplat carries."